| LINKS | TMC Families | Mail |
SOFTLINKS is a suite of programs written in C++ to generate HTML on the fly from GEDCOM files. Although there are a number of programs available to do this, I decided to develop fromscratch for a number of reasons:
Comments, questions and suggestions to Ben Laurie please. I'm particularly interested (at the moment) in any suggestions on layout from people who don't use Netscape Navigator (using which the layout for TMC Families has been designed).
- Because I can.
- We use Event GEDCOM, which does not seem to be widely supported.
- We wanted to explore more than so-called "family genealogy".
- We wanted a good deal of control over layout.
- We wanted the user of the website to be able to exercise control over the level of detail presented.
- I wanted the option to implement as an Apache module.
Hosted by LINKS
Last update - 30 April 1997 by TMC Studios
Copyright © 1996, 1997 LINKS