King, of St. John's College, Cambridge , A.B. in 1737 , A.M. in 1741 . This gentleman was minister of Clitheroe and Downham , in Lancashire , vicar of Guildford , and canon of Windsor in 1772 . The canonry he exchanged in 1775 for the deanery of Raphoe , and died at Woodstock in 1795 , where his remains repose under a monument erected by his four surviving sons, "in pious remembrance of the best of parents, and with grateful acknowledgements to the Divine Providence for the invaluable blessings his example and instructions afforded them." Chaplain to the House of Commons., Canon of Windsor, Dean of Raphoe etc.. For issue etc., see Whitaker's Craven.