Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau, von Wchinitz und Tettau A relative: Owner:1709 - 1715 Vaclav Norbert Oktavian Kinsky from Vchynice and Tetov The Chocen Castle The castle is located in the centre of the town on the left bank of Ticha Orlice. It was built as a baroque object by Zikmund from Selmberk on Kost and Mrac in 1562, replacing perhaps an older fort. It was built as a one-storey building. In 1574, the reconstruction of the castle began which was finished in 1587-1599 by Hertvik Zejdlic from Senfeld as a four-wing building with a rectangular courtyard, probably without arcades. The building has kept this lay-out to our days. In 1610, the castle is described as a 'comfortable and happy building well constructed from the stone'. In the 17th century, owners of the castle and the estate quickly changed. In 1709, the Kinsky family bought the estate and the castle from Antonin Trautmannsdorf. At that time, the castle was repaired from damages left by the thirty-year war and after the fire in 1829, the castle got new classicist facades which it has today. In 1849-1850, the east wing of the castle was rebuild according to plans of B. Stach. The pseudo-gothic castle chapel 'Ascendance of Virgin Mary' was built then which makes up the entrance to the castle.