c. 1600 - post 1670
Fowke, Esq., Dr. med., of Little Wirley, co. Staffs., England. He bought Little Wyrley from John Leveson. Of Bishop Burton, Yorks. He rented from Dame Mary Gee (1582-1649) who owned the Bishop Burton manor. He then puchased the estate in 1603. Receiver-General of Yorkshire (1648). In 1648, he was living behind St Bride's CHurch, London.